Registered members of St. Agnes parish wishing to receive a Sponsor Certificate must meet the following requirements as set forth by Canon Law:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Be a registered member of St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church for at least 6 months.
- Support St. Agnes Church with their presence at Sunday Mass each week and have made their Easter Duty yearly.
- Have received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Have not joined another faith or denomination nor professed allegiance to any faith or denomination other than the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
- If married: be married by a Roman Catholic Priest or obtained the correct canonical dispensations otherwise. If divorced, have not remarried or attempted marriage a second time without a Decree of Nullity for the first marriage.
Nota Bene: A baptized Roman Catholic who is married outside of the Church or who has left the faith may not stand as a Sponsor or a Christian Witness.
To receive a Sponsor Certificate, please call the parish office so our staff may verify the above information and make arrangements for you to sign the certificate during business hours or, if needed, set up an evening or weekend appointment with the priest. The person needing the certificate must come in person as their signature, the priest’s signature and the church seal all are required on the Sponsor Certificate.