Faith Formation and Education
Family and Youth Faith Formation
“…parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. Their role as educators is so decisive that scarcely anything can compensate for their failure in it. The right and duty of parents to give education is essential … (Catechism of the Catholic Church #36)”
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT ARE DUE BY AUG 1, as materials need to be ordered. To register for Faith Formation complete this online form: Registration Form 2021-2022
We offer FOUR options for “Family” (Parent and child) Faith Formation:
- Generations of Faith (GOF) – for families, children, and adults. Once per month families gather for teaching time and fellowship.
- Small Home Study Groups (SHSG) – 3-5 families meet monthly in their homes for teaching time and fellowship.
- Home Schooling – Individual families work at their own pace completing a chapter of Faith Formation material each month.
- Confirmation Mentoring Groups – 6-8 students + 2 adult mentors gather weekly to study Catholic Christian Discipleship in preparation for Confirmation in the Spring of their 8th grade year.
Click here for Full Details on all four programs, schedules, and other Faith Formation offerings for Family and Youth Faith Formation.
Adult Faith Formation
Click here for ongoing Adult Faith Formation studies and stay tuned to Flocknotes, bulletins, and this website for more information on the many opportunities Saint Agnes provides for adult life-long learners. Below are some of our most popular titles, most of which we’ve held multiple times.
- ChristLife – is an internationally celebrated series of teachings which we’ve offered at Saint Agnes since 2014. Three distinct courses guide the learner through Discovering Christ, Following Christ, and Sharing Christ. Watch for another session to be announced in 2021.
- Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation – this incredible 24-week bible study program, takes 14 books of the Bible and tracks them through time and Gods plan from Adam and Eve through Jesus Christ and the Church. This program was held once at Saint Agnes for an enthusiastic group. Please voice your interest in this or any other program if you would like to see them offered again.
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Holy Mass – this 7-part series on the Mass was developed by parishioner Ray Takacs while studying Theology at Saint Vincent College. The series study guide is available for self-study.
- Women of Grace is a 26 week program grounded in the format of the EWTN series of the same name. It has been offered three times at Saint Agnes in recent years.
- Watch your Flocknote email and the bulletins for short topic “quickies” available via email through Flocknote. Offerings have included a two “Lenten Reflections” series; “Facts about Francis” about our beloved Pope Francis; “American Catholic History” topics; and “The Search” brought to us through “Formed.”