Knights of Columbus Saint Jude Council 9019
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic Fraternal organization founded in 1882 by Blessed Father Michael McGivney. Each Knight lives out, in his own life, the Order’s Principles of Charity, Unity and Fraternity. The organization provides its members and their families opportunities for service to the Catholic Church and their community. Any Catholic gentleman, 18 years or older, is eligible for membership entitling them to the many programs and benefits.
The St. Jude Council, 9019 is active at St. Agnes Church as well as Immaculate Conception, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and St. Edward Parishes. Meetings are held at St. Agnes (in the Old Convent) on the last Monday of the month at 7:30 pm.
Saint Jude Council 9019 Accomplishments
- Council takes part in the RSVP Program and sponsors two Seminarians.
- Council takes part in Eucharistic Processions.
- Council members serve as Sacristans, Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers and Ushers.
- Council promotes the “Keep Christ in Christmas Program.”
- Council sold “Keep Christ in Christmas Magnets” and Christmas cards.
- Council donates to the “Wheel Chair Mission.”
- Council and members participate in the St Ann Nursing Home Christmas Gift Program.
- Council supports Building the Domestic Church and bought two Kiosks and books.
- Council supports Special Olympics Program.
- Council displays Pro Life White Crosses for the unborn at local cemeteries in October.
- Council helps raise money for Ultrasound Machines and Life Support Centers.
- Council takes part in the National March for Life.
- Council takes part in the Annual Life Chain.
- Council participates in “Wreaths Across America” for our veterans during Christmas.
- Council supports the Annual Bishops Endowment Program for Seminarians.
- Council sponsors a “K of C Free Throw Championship.”
- Council supports the “Annual Children’s Christmas Party” for Clelian Heights.
- Council takes part in the ‘State Scholarship Program’.
- Council sponsors a “Raise the Flag Ceremony” at Queen of Angels School on opening day.
- Council provides gifts for Confirmation.