PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL)
Thank you for volunteering at St. Agnes Parish. Your cooperation enables our parish to continue to serve the needs of our people and the community. The Diocese of Greensburg provides us with the clearance requirements for volunteering with children, young people, and vulnerable adults. These clearances meet and exceed the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) and must be renewed every 5 years.
All volunteers at Saint Agnes completed this clearance process in 2015 meaning that the 5 year anniversary is now past. As of the Spring of 2020, these clearances have expired and must be renewed.
Clearance Requirements Checklist. Download or print this checklist to help guide you through each of the following steps and click each item to learn more or being that part of the process.
- VIRTUS (Protecting God’s Children)
- Diocese of Greensburg Code of Pastoral Conduct (sign and turn in last page)
- PA State Police Criminal History Report
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Choose ONE: Volunteer Affidavit OR Employee Affidavit OR FBI Criminal History Report (Fingerprinting)
- Mandated and Permissive Reporting Training Course
Please turn in each certificate and/or clearance result to the St. Agnes office as you obtain it. If you have any questions, if you need to set up a time to use a computer at St. Agnes, or would like more personalized instructions, please contact the parish office at 724-863-2626. Note that if you became a parish volunteer after 2015, you have until your 5 year anniversary to renew.
Once again, thank you for your efforts at ensuring the safety of our children.